The Middle Of Our Reroofing Process
4. The first day on the site we set out what sections of the roof to remove & replace on each day to allow KCRP to keep your roof water tight at all times. We crane and handpass sheets up to the site roof location. Then those sheets are placed, packed, strapped and ready to unpick as required.The following days will consist of the next steps (depending on the scope of the job specification, roof type and agreed on works):
5. When a section of a roof is removed, we re-grade, leave or replace the battens (depending on the roof type &/or re-roof type).
6. Every day on-site, at the end of each day, provide water protection to the roof through temporary flashing or place a tarpaulin over the exposed sections of the roof. This is done until the roof is complete.
7. Installation of a new box or eaves gutters. And depending on the roof, we re-pitch the box gutter to avoid future water pooling and rusting.
8. Installation of new ceiling insulation to the roof space.
9. Installation of safety mesh to cover for fall protection through the ceiling space & to support the new foil-faced insulation blanket at an R rating you want to match.
10. Installation of new roof sheets where the sections were removed. Secure fastening of the new sheets in accordance with industry codes of practice.
11. After the roof is completed and watertight, our Onsite Manager visits the site for a midway quality inspection and measures the Finishing flashings that are required to finish the project perfectly. These materials may take 24-48hrs to arrive at the site location. It’s the little things that matter to us, so we look at every detail closely. This is also a great time for the Onsite Manager to raise any extra items that may be required.
12. We then return when the final set of finishing materials are on-site, and we complete those works including running all the downpipes to the ground level if required.
13. A full site clean is done at the very end. We remove all rubbish, recycle all metals (to reduce our carbon footprint) and leave the site in the best condition ready to reveal.
Call Us For A Free Inspection