Re-create a home and a building by using our expert re-roofing services. We have the know-how to renew your building into its former glory with a new roof, find how we do it here.
Reroofing and Roof Replacements in Melbourne
KC Roof Plumbing have brought new life to many homes through re-roofing and for years, our clients have referred us onto anyone who wants a beautiful result for their building too. We have the experience in roof replacing in a variety of situations from re-roofing after severe weather damage, repairing homes with pre-existing unsafe roofs and updating homes with Heritage Overlays. Our re-roofing makes homes secure, safe, structurally sound and look fantastic. The KC Roof Plumbing team have the know-how to create the best blend of the old roof with the new.
A roof covers over a third of a home’s exterior providing shelter against every condition all year round. So it’s no wonder that over time, it degrades, warps and generally gets a battering from the elements. Our re-roofing projects extend the life of all of our buildings and gives:
Let them know that we are there from start to finish on the journey and being almost an advisory service from knowing every facet inside and out we will always ensure we have there best interest at heart with the most professional outcome.
From the beginning of the planning stages all the way through to the finished build. What sets us apart is that, not only are we there for the whole journey, we know roofing, like the back of our palm, and that’s why we give best advice based on our collective experience. We want produce an amazing result for you and we’ll do everything we can to help you get it.
Projects like reroofing can have rules and regulations applied to them. We can point our clients in the right direction for permits, coordinating services and council requirements to complete a re-roofing project. In addition to all of that, we have our own quality assurance (QA) during Roof Replacement and on completion where we supply evidence of a great d roof well done. Our team also undergo pre-start Risk Assessments to coincide with our paperless site specific SWMS (Safe Work Method Statement).
Our Reroofing Process
HIGH QUALITY | SEAMLESS SERVICE | FROM START TO FINISH
There are a set of steps that the team at KC Roof Plumbing take to produce a high-quality finish for our roof replacement clients. The processes that we follow exceed the industry standards because we take the time to be there for the whole journey. Here is the pathway that we would take together with you when your building needs a re-roof.
1. Codes and Legal Obligations. Any roofing project needs to meet today’s Australian Standards and Codes. We check those and make sure our roofs do the same.
2. Permits. If they are needed. Once the type of roof has been decided then we might require legal permits before we start. We will talk to you about whether that applies to your development or project.
3. Booking the trades to work with our core team. A roof might not be as simple as it appears. We work with a broader group of skilled trades and equipped operators. They include electricians, plumbers, fall protection experts, scaffold suppliers, plant, crane and tile/metal roof removal specialists. We take care of all of those areas with our dedicated group of trades that seamlessly work with our core roofing team. From the beginning, we will detail the scope with you, as one building sometimes is slightly different from another.
4. The first day on the site we set out what sections of the roof to remove & replace on each day to allow KCRP to keep your roof water tight at all times. We crane and handpass sheets up to the site roof location. Then those sheets are placed, packed, strapped and ready to unpick as required.The following days will consist of the next steps (depending on the scope of the job specification, roof type and agreed on works):
5. When a section of a roof is removed, we re-grade, leave or replace the battens (depending on the roof type &/or re-roof type).
6. Every day on-site, at the end of each day, provide water protection to the roof through temporary flashing or place a tarpaulin over the exposed sections of the roof. This is done until the roof is complete.
7. Installation of a new box or eaves gutters. And depending on the roof, we re-pitch the box gutter to avoid future water pooling and rusting.
8. Installation of new ceiling insulation to the roof space.
9. Installation of safety mesh to cover for fall protection through the ceiling space & to support the new foil-faced insulation blanket at an R rating you want to match.
10. Installation of new roof sheets where the sections were removed. Secure fastening of the new sheets in accordance with industry codes of practice.
11. After the roof is completed and watertight, our Onsite Manager visits the site for a midway quality inspection and measures the Finishing flashings that are required to finish the project perfectly. These materials may take 24-48hrs to arrive at the site location. It’s the little things that matter to us, so we look at every detail closely. This is also a great time for the Onsite Manager to raise any extra items that may be required.
12. We then return when the final set of finishing materials are on-site, and we complete those works including running all the downpipes to the ground level if required.
13. A full site clean is done at the very end. We remove all rubbish, recycle all metals (to reduce our carbon footprint) and leave the site in the best condition ready to reveal.
14. After the roof is 100% completed and you are happy with all the proceedings, our Onsite Manager visits the site for a final inspection. All elements are checked & photographed by the Onsite Manager that are required to deliver the best quality of craftsmanship, quality of delivery & materials of the roof for each client, these include:
15. This covers gradients, insulation, perimeter flashing, penetrations with custom back tray flashing to the ridgeline, fascia cover flashing & cleanliness. This is a vital quality check.
16. We get the all-clear on site, and we like to do a hi-five and let the client know we completed all onsite work. At an additional cost we can arrange the director to take drone video or photo footage of your project and give it to you at the end.
17. A Quality Assurance Report is produced with all the elements of the job outlined. We provide a final set of photos and visuals.
18. The report is signed by the client. That’s our job well done.